As a member of the Volunteering Team you will be the public face of the event.
We are looking for people who are welcoming and good natured, can present a positive image of the Active Triathlon event and help the 150 competitors achieve their target of completing a triathlon.
What is the Active Triathlon looking for in a potential volunteer?
You have your own special skills but you will need to have some important qualities too:-
- Do you enjoy helping people and supporting your community?
- Are you friendly, approachable and reliable – and have a flexible approach about when and where you volunteer?
- Do you have a good sense of humor – but patience too when the same questions are asked again?
- Can you still be positive – no matter what the weather or time of day?
- Are you happy to be part of a team?
If yes is the answer, we would love to welcome you as a member of the Volunteering Team.
Will there be training for volunteers?
We will be organising pre event briefing sessions in June, July and August. Details are set to be finalised but the location for the briefing is likely to be at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre. Times of day will vary to enable individuals to attend whether as per their personal commitments. The briefing will take approximately 45 minutes.
The purpose of the briefing sessions is to ensure that each volunteer can:
- Get an overview of the event and to meet members of the organising team.
- Find out more about the available roles that can be undertaken for the event.
- Be in a better position to support and encourage competitors both before and during the event and to inform and enthuse spectators about the event.
- Ask any questions they might have.
Each volunteer will be assigned to a team leader who will be the point of contact on the day of the event.
Details of the briefing sessions will be emailed out in early May.
Where will volunteers be assigned?
Volunteers provide support throughout the event across many different roles including registration of competitors, marshalling the swim, bike and run courses, staffing feed stations and handing out medals at the finish line.
Whilst we ask you to indicate your preferences on the registration form, we will look wherever possible to assign you on this basis however it may not be possible in all circumstances.
What can I expect as a volunteer?
Volunteering at the Active Triathlon will give you a truly rewarding experience.
Joining a team of approximately 50 volunteers, team leaders and race directors offers the chance to make friends with fellow volunteers and to give something back to the community. It will give you an experience you will remember for years to come.
As a volunteer you will have:
- An opportunity to be part of a great sporting experience. An opportunity to attend a pre event briefing to find out more about the event and role(s) you will be undertaking
- An opportunity to add to your CV
- An exclusive Active Triathlon Volunteer t-shirt and refreshments provided for the day.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org